Tuesday 20 December 2011

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

In comparison to my preliminary task of creating a school website, my main website is more advanced and I feel in many ways is better. The first reason for this is likely to be that as I have created both my websites, my understanding of the conventions and codes that I need to follow had became a lot clearer. Therefore my second website is more conventional and works better, than the first, due to the increasingly knowledge along the way.

Additionally, my skill has also increased, as iWeb was a new programme to me I had little knowledge about using it. When I first started my preliminary site looked quite simple and basic. However by the time that I came round to creating my main website, I felt that it looked more professional than the preliminary due to my increased knowledge. I went back to my preliminary site, to make it more professional, as it looked poor compared to the main site.

Although my sites look reasonably well, it is clear that I am still inexperienced in website design, as not all parts were up to professional standards, I feel that my site works well though as it is similar in layout and style to the other sites that I have looked at. It is clear to see that their has been improvements between my preliminary and main website, which is likely to be due to picking up skills and learning how to use the chosen software.

No comments:

Post a Comment